Seeking Development Associate
Beth Morrison Projects is seeking a part-time Development Associate. This position will work closely with BMP’s Director of Development. This position is fast paced, requires the ability prioritize work, and ability to multi-task. Candidate should possess an intellectual curiosity about fundraising, creative thinking skills, a willingness to work in new software programs, and an interest in learning new skills sets. A good sense of humor is a must!
- The top priority of this position is to maintain the database and all associated development software programs including data entry, contribution entry, acknowledgment letters, and list pulls
- Software programs include Little Green Light, Donor Box, Eventbrite, Zoom, Constant Contact, and Donor Search
- Reconciliation of Little Green Light to QuickBooks
- Donor and prospect research
- Create and maintain content calendars and other administrative organizational tools for the Development team
- Compiles and updates all lists and spreadsheets as needed for events and correspondence/appeals
- Responsible for managing all development department mailings, invitations, e-blasts, email correspondence, and sending gifts for birthdays and special thank you’s
- Compiles data for the annual report, website, social media, other agency literature/communication
- Orders supplies and generates department Purchase Orders.
- Assist in planning and executing all donor activities including prospecting, stewardship, and cultivation events
- Develop materials to promote the organization and fundraisers
- With Director of Development, monitor, update, and create outgoing content including email communications, videos, appeals, and more
- Assist with scheduling pick-ups for in-kind donations and sending thank you letters to donors
- Help research new sources for in-kind donations and outreach to new corporate partners
- Attend all staff meetings and assigned meetings such as development, marketing, and board meetings
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Meeting minutes for assigned board committees
- Other duties as needed for board maintenance
Qualified candidates will be capable of multi-tasking and show attention detail, specifically in data management. Candidates must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be willing to be pro-active in all communications. A willingness to pick up the phone and speak to donors is a must. If you have an interest in learning about fundraising, stewardship, and cultivation, there is room for growth in this position.
This is an entry-level, part-time position with the possibility of expansion based on performance. Salary range of $22 an hour with 25 hour minimum work week. Prefer New York City or Los Angeles based or adjacent candidates.
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
BMP is an equal opportunity employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws.
About Beth Morrison Projects
Since 2006, Beth Morrison Projects (BMP) has been an industry disruptor and tastemaker at the forefront of musical and theatrical innovation by commissioning, developing, producing and touring the groundbreaking new works of living composers and their collaborators, which take the form of opera-theatre, music-theatre, and vocal-theatre. BMP encourages risk-taking and the result is provocative works that represent a dynamic and lasting legacy for a new American canon.
The 2014 bi-coastal expansion to Los Angeles sprang from growing partnerships and relationships with institutions such as LA Opera, the LA Phil, Ford Theatres, Center Theatre Group and RVCC. During the 2018-19 and 2019-20 season, BMP will have produced 185 performances on 5 continents. BMP’s commitment to cutting edge musical expression has created “its own genre” (Opera News) of originality. In 2013, Beth Morrison Projects and HERE Arts Center co-founded the PROTOTYPE Festival, which showcases contemporary opera-theatre and music-theatre projects over ten days each January. The New Yorker recently wrote that the festival is “Essential to the evolution of American Opera,” and the New York Times called the festival “Bracingly innovative… a point of reference.”
Always on “the edge of innovation” (Opera News), BMP has developed a trailblazing program, BMP: Next Generation, to identify and foster the next generation of opera composers. This crucial initiative is a prime example of the transformative and boundary-shattering programming for which BMP has been known for over a decade. Other current and upcoming projects include works by composers Ricky Ian Gordon, Ted Hearne, Mary Kouyoumdjian, David T. Little, Zhou Long, Elvis Perkins, Emma O’Halloran, Ellen Reid, Huang Ruo, Sarah Kirkland Snider, Du Yun, and more, with directors Michael Counts, James Darrah, Lee Sunday Evans, Patricia McGregor, Michael Joseph McQuilken, and Ashley Tata.
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]